Tuesday 17 November 2015

The Cliched Croissants.


Winters are here and I love mist and the melodrama that comes with it. So I haven't been able to write a poem for months and all it took was a 2:30 minute song by Adele to write this down and if you're looking for inspiration, she's the person you need to go to. But before you read it, I need to ask you this one thing..
Did you all get your someones to lean on? If you didn't, get them before it gets too cold OR, a latte maybe?


This is how the story went..
When I met someone by accident.

I thought I could do better without you by my side,
But then we made history every night.

I would've asked you to warm me up and hold me like your favorite cushion,
With me just lying on top without the wrong intuition.

This is how the story went,
When I met someone by accident..

Turning texts on whatsapp into calls that strapped us broke for the rest of the week,
Days into weeks and months into years, just by looking at each other. So as to speak.

A cliched romance dipped in hot chocolate sauce,
Conversations that went around trigonometric functions of sin and cos.

"I never thought we'd be like this." I said with a tint of blush,
Who was I kidding? I could always write him poems, even with a paint brush.

So this is how our story went..
When we met by accident.

No casualties with no signs of hit-and run,
Wait. Was this orchestrated all along?
Even if it was, who cares because I got my someone.
Even if, in arguments he proves me wrong.
Even if, the asshole's someone I can never outrun. 




About what I said, 2 posts ago about the mistletoe and love?
Well, I second that because LOVE brings out the best in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment