Monday 2 November 2015

The Mistletoe.

Somebody once said to someone they love, "You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire you." and god, when did people stop saying things like that?

When was the last time you saw someone by a 100 roses for their lover?

Do you even remember the last time you eye-witnessed a flash mob proposal?

I mean, HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN?

To be honest, it bugs me. I mean, when the fuck did a lousy text saying "Hey you wanna hang at dominoes?" outrun the classic way guys had to go through so much trouble for one date.
Sometimes, I think we girls give away too easily.

My point is, when did classic romance turn into texts and when did phrases that would knock you off your feet turn into stupid emoticons?

I think love used to be so much deeper back in the 60's. I mean, all the shit women did to all the poor guys. My grandmother once told me how a guy who lived down the street stood in front of her house for eight months consistently even before she looked at him.
Also, guys used to be so darn romantic.
I know stories of how guys spent months looking their best, trying to impress the girl's parents for marriage and it's just not the case anymore.

I mean, are relationships these days that shallow that they don't even seem worth the effort?

Because how I think, fifty years ago or fifty years later, LOVE is always going to LOVE and there's no way that feeling of looking to your right, seeing him talk and smiling because you're so sure he's every thing, can change. EVER.

So bring out the romance people because if you love someone that ridiculously, tell them just how ridiculous you can be.
Also, take out the mistletoe because Christmas is coming and because
legend says, it's mandatory to kiss under them.




No comments:

Post a Comment