Sunday 28 October 2012

Nothing but the beat.

Yeah, yeah.
I know I sort of got off the blogosphere for a little too long this time.
My apologies folks.
Believe me, I wasn't enjoying it either.
But I am back and certainly not with a bang. :P
So I was talking to this awesome friend of mine.
A really good photographer and a better writer.
Those who don't read her blog can visit it here.
http://absolutenikism.tk/
Once you read it, you'll thank me.
So I was talking to her and she told me, or rather instructed me to write on a topic she was supposed to write on.
The topic is pretty big but nice.

"You know I’ve got this theory, there are two kinds of people in the world. There are lyric people and music people. You know, the lyrics people tend to be analytical. You know, all about the meaning of the song. They’re the ones you see with the CD insert out like 5 minutes after buying it, pouring over the lyrics, interpreting the hell out of everything. Um, then there’s the music people, like Brooke. Who could care less for the lyrics as long as its just got like a good beat and you could dance to it. I don’t know, sometimes it might be easier to be a music girl and not a lyric girl. But since I’m not, let me just say this. Sometimes things find you when you need them to find you, I believe that. And for me its usually song lyrics."

So it's pretty nice, isn't it?

Life is actually like a song.
You can either just listen to beats and enjoy the song or you can just listen to the lyrics, pouring over the meaning of it.
The choice is yours and you'll regret and enjoy both.
Lyrics people are considered much more, well, soft-hearted.
People aren't always like that.
I remember myself being a music person.
But then life happened.
I never expected myself to be a lyrics person, but by the end of it, I myself didn't knew how it happened.
I don't exactly know why I gave that away.
You know people don't always go ny the lyrics.
I didn't.
But when you actually have had pain, gone through some pretty bad stuff, you actually start hearing the lyrics.

I've noticed that only people who have gone through pain and actually know what being a broken-hearted feels like go by the lyrics.
It's because they, out of all, understand that life is not just about happiness and enjoyment.
At times, life is about pain.
And crying.
They know a song is not just about the music.
There's more to a song.
Sometimes, there is misery.
Sometimes, there is love.
And sometimes, there is life.

As much as I would love to be the music person, I was a few years earlier, I hate to admit that I actually am a lyrics person.
But at times, I wish if I could just forget the lyrics and just dance to the beat.
I wish I could think about Nothing but the beat.
I wish I'd care less about how much the lyrics suit my life.
I wish I was a music person.
Because that is how life's supposed to be.
Just enjoying the beat.
But as I said, the choice is yours.
And even though I am a lyrics person but at times, just for a while, I forget the so called problems I have and just dance along the beat caring less about what the lyrics mean.

Yes, I am a philosophical person and I think a little too much but sometimes, I actually like to be the crazy, wild, young, free and insane girl that I used to be.
Sometimes, I forget everything and simply be the carefree, un-complicated and crazy retard I was and I think, I still am. :)

You may have heard a song but you know it only when you know what it means.
Songs carry messages.
Messages of the heart.
That we fail to express.
Messages, we could never deliver.

Life is like a song.
So dance on it while it's still on.
It many end any second.
So while we're here.......

1 comment:

  1. Now now now. I have a few things to add to what you said above.
    I take your point about some people being a little too attentive towards the lyrics of songs. That is true. (I am one of them!) But it's not just because they've suffered or they've been in shit. There are a lot of other simpler, lesser negative reasons behind that. For example, my interest in song lyrics stems from my interest in poetry. Lyrics are poetry, sung to a particular tune.
    Apart from that, I believe, music is one of the best means of story-telling. I mean, every song tells a story. When I say that, I talk about ALL songs and not just Bollywood numbers or those Pop & Rock things. So, yeah, it's my interest in people, cultures and the whole world in general that makes me concentrate on the lyrics and not just hum along.

    Also, let's try NOT to make our blogs a medium of expressing pent-up, unfulfilled desires. Sure, you're an individual and you own this place and hence, you're allowed to run it the way you want. But I say this because I breathe the air of the same blogosphere and the tiniest sad thought makes things worse.
    So, cheer up and be happy-sappy. :)

    AND!
    Thanks a ton, for mentioning my little space up there. Owe you. :*

    ReplyDelete