Sunday 2 August 2015

The First Sunday Of August.

When I was little, during the end July, I made a list of all my friends and people who deserved a friendship band.

During the first week, I saved pocket money so that I could buy all the bands I like.

Then, I spent the first weekend of August at the stationery, buying friendship bands for everybody I loved.

And then on Monday, when I went to school, I spent the day hugging my friends and giving out bands to the rest of the gang.
 
Then, all my friends spent the entire day hiding their bands in lunchboxes because some idiot who probably never got no band, complained to the discipline incharge that we carried bands to school.

Then, vans were the showdown time.
Who got how many bands? I got more.
Wait, that's half?

And after reaching home, the first thing I used to do was keep all of my bands inside my favorite drawer like mom used to keep her gold.

People called it Friendship's Day and this was how we celebrated it.

Years have passed since that has happened. Now, we send each other whatsapp messages at 12 am and add kisses to show we mean them.
We upload pictures with the ones close to us and write captions with overrated statements.

So the point is, why do we do all of this?

The answer is very easy. It's because we love our friends.

Why do we buy the expensive bands for some and cheap ones for others?

Because we love some of our friends more than we love the rest.

Why do we take care of the bands even when they cost 20 bucks?

Because we value the effort and to treasure of having a friend.

Why do we feel nice when we get bands in return?

Because it feels good to know that we're loved right back.💗

No comments:

Post a Comment