Thursday 31 March 2016

Shudh Desi Romance.

So did I mention that I have this super annoyingly amazing boyfriend? Even if I didn't, I'm pretty sure you've figured it out by the last few romantic posts. Even if you didn't, I have a boyfriend and he's adorable and he loves me and he doesn't cheat on me and WE COMPLETED A YEAR TODAY! 
So saalgirah mubarak to me and blah blah blah. YAY!

Now most of our relationship, Humor has kept us close. So I'm going to give you an idea of how it feels to be a girlfriend for an entire year. 







So you know the feeling when you know that ghar pe rajma chawal bane hai and you dream about it all day in school and then you come home, running from your van just to have rajma chawal, and then you realize, there's no rajma chawal. That kind of pain?
That's exactly how I feel when I check my phone in the morning and there's no text from him.  

OKAY! ALL THE TIME. LIKE, ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Every time we've hung out or made out or did any sort of thing that we've done together, be it a one hour visit or a seven hour visit, EVERY time it's time for you to go, I GET A FEELING. 
Like, you know that feeling when you go really far from home to eat your favorite meal like Def.Col ka chicken shawarma, and then you have it and then you sit in your car with a satisfied stomach but five minutes later, YOU WANT MORE!? 
That's how it feels when you have to go. Like, it's that SAD. 


Now, you might think I'm criticizing you, but I'm not. It's all Google's fault. It gave me all the negative images. 

So YEAH! If I wanted you to text me back an hour later, I WOULDN'T HAVE SENT A TEXT. I WOULD HAVE SENT AN EMAIL OR A FUCKING LETTER. 
It's like the sunburn from a fun day outdoor. It just keeps on itching. YOUR TEXTS ARE MY ICE. 
Like, I need you to make me feel better and I hate when you're not there. I text you and then there's this single tick on whatsapp which annoys the fuck out of me because, why do you have instant messaging applications in your phone when you can't instantly reply? 

Now, It's like I'm giving away a huge secret weapon which I'm sure is going to cost me in the near future but because it's you, Booo, I'm willing to take that risk. 
So you know when you're with me and you start talking about science, basically physics or anything that's not us or me or food, I do this. It's very much possible that the cleavage you can suddenly see right after you start talking, is intentional because let's face the truth, SCIENCE BORES ME. 
So long story short, my apologies for not listening and I forgive you for keep talking. :*



Do you even remember how many times have we said this to each other? "I think we need to reconsider this relationship" and out of utmost sincerity but then, AGAIN! 
We always fall back together. Although, for people who've been in a relationship for one whole year, one breakup, that too one that lasted an hour seems to be less. But meh, we're cute and we're cuter when we're together so I totally understand why did this happen. Like, totes. 


Now if I write down about the quality of good night texts that Utkarsh Chaturvedi provides. I think everybody who reads this, and my keyboard is going to die out of shame. But the fact that I'm still wiling to write about them clearly specifies that I HAVE NO SHAME when it comes to you. NOPE, I DON'T. I mean, we saw Besharam together, if there's two people who have zero shame, it's us and by the way, you know how to knock me off my feet and you know how to keep me on my toes. 
You know, given the kind of conversations we have at night, ^ might be the most true statement I've ever made. *wink, wink*

Now that happens after you ask me if you can sleep and I keep rocks on my heart, {this sounds way better in HINDI.} and I let you go to sleep. It's like, I hear this voice, *beep* and then BOOO gets disconnected and then I look right and then I look left and then I sigh and wonder, "Fuck."
Then, after two minutes on snapchat, five minutes of reading boring stories on facebook, I realize that without you, it's all bullshit. Boring fucking bullshit. So boring, that it makes me want to sleep. 





EVERY TIME I SEE YOU WALKING TOWARDS ME. Holy fuck! 
You know when you call me and you say "Turn around", I can hear electric guitar playing with the playback song, "TERA DHYAAN KIDHAR HAI, TERA HERO IDHAR HAI. ARREY PALAT!" 
{Was that too much bollywood? Because I can replace it with cheesy songs from Taylor Swift like "I SEE SPARKS FLY WHENEVER BLA BLA BLA."}


IF YOU CHEAT ON ME. {Which I'm pretty sure you won't. I mean, look at me.}
I promise you in the presence of the old gods and the new and the god of light, that I WILL FUCKING COOK YOUR NEW GIRLFRIEND FOR DINNER. And I will make sure you eat it.

{In future, in case that happens, Can I go to jail for that?}



Well, that has only happened once or twice so nah. Not going to elaborate.

That happens with you more than it happens with me. You know why? Because mere alaawa tera hai hi kaun?
I LOVE SAYING THAT! :P
Even if that's not true, I do this only out of curiosity to know who is more important than spending time with me. 




TODAYYY! 
There's something with ties and belts that gets me to wink and whistle, ALL THE TIME. {That came out wrong, didn't it?}



I know I'm rude when I'm mad and I know I suck most of the time because I'm a bummer more often than not. I'm late, lazy and shit. I can't find anything else that starts with L so my figure of speech implementation was unsuccesfull. 

Anyway, point is. Like most girlfriends, I don't wear short dresses for you, {Although, I always want to look good for you} I don't netflix with you and I'm never happy. I critcize way more than I should and I always make you feel like you're not enough. 

But that's not true. Not even a little bit. Not even at all. 

I dig your smile and you're always going to be way MORE than I bargained for, for the simple reason that I hopelessly, relentlessly and unconditionally love you. 
So much that I'd watch Besharam with you AGAIN. {Maybe, that's the alcohol talking right now} and I'd do every cliched move in the book only to make you realize what a blessing it is to have a partner like you in my life. 




I know what you are probably thinking right now, 
Literally, silly hai meri love life. 
#ShudhDesiRomance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment